Sirince is a district of İzmir’s Selçuk district.
It is rumored that its original name, Kırkınca, was given to forty people who hit the mountains at a legendary age. This name, which took forms such as Kirkice, Kirkince and finally Çirkince in the Greek pronunciation, was officialized as Şirince in the first years of the Republic by the order of Kazım Dirik, the governor of İzmir at the time.
In the 19th century, it was a Greek town with 1,800 houses, famous for its fig production, especially for export. Population exchange between Greece and Turkey in 1923, a result of the departure of the Greeks (and many settled in the village of Katerini Nea Ephesus), Kavala Müştiyan (Moustheni) and Somokol (Domatia) were settled by emigrants from the village. There are two Greek churches in the quarter. In Şirince, no house blocks the view of the other. There is a high level of wine production in the village.